Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Looking For God

God, where do I find you? Show me where you are, God.I need to see you and feel your presence within me. Please answer me, God. Where are you?

I can remember this day when I was searching for my God, my Lord and saviour. I knew He was with me, but that particular day I was feeling lost and I couldn't seem to find God. This was years ago where we lived in a beautiful mobile home park. I decided to take a walk. (Did I decide, or was it God?)I grabbed my walkman, put on my walking shows and started out.

The first thing I noticed was the beautiful palm trees lining the streets of my park. They were so majestic, and stood so tall and straight, with their top branches looking up toward the heavens. I saw God in the beauty and splendor of those trees.

As I walked on I heard a strange sound but a familiar one from atop one of the ttrees.It was an owl perched so delicately on one of the trees highest branch,Surely God was there with the owl. He looked so wise in the treetop as he voiced he

I see you in the sunset that evening.The blues and pinks and purples are beautiful together. Thank you for the splendor of that sunset.

I see You in the baby that a new Mothers is walking in a stroller. She is adorable, making those cooing sounds,The baby is dressed in a pink and white outfit, down to the lace on her socks.How anyone can look at a baby and not believe in You is so strange to me.

I am feeling much better now that I have found you in so many places. You are in the rain, the thunder, the snow, the sunshine. You are the sunshine, God. Please let others see You in me, God. Let my light shine for you. et my every action tand word I say reflect You.

As I head back to my home, I also realize that God is in my home, my heart, and is my everything...my all in all, my saviour.

Thank You for showing yourself to me in somany ways, God. You are loved by me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.